FALLING--CHAPTER FIVE, PART 3

poetry and short stories
Falling.

                                                     ***

Knock knock, she gently struck the chairman's door with her
knuckles; It's Sarah sir. May I come in?
Absolutely! Please sit down Sarah.
Right this minute, she noticed a tall gentleman standing at
the opposite end of the room.

Thank goodness. She murmured underneath her breath. This
only means he is not planning of trying anything funny.

Sarah, like I earlier told you on the phone, please meet
Mister Tayo Abiodun. Son of chief Abiodun, the biggest
shareholder in this company and owner of CartCare World.

Mr Tayo has personally told me he has some amazing ideas
he wants to explore. Am placing you in charge to walk him
through the necessary risks involved and pick out the best of
ideas in order to get started on financially backing them
up.

Right away sir. She responded swiftly.
If you would excuse me Tayo, I have some very important
meetings I need to attend immediately. You folks could use
my office to get acquainted. And Sarah, do lock up when
you done.

Absolutely Sir.

For the next twenty minutes, Tayo never said a word. All he
did was stare at the only human standing next to him.
Hello?' Mr Tayo?, Sarah responded quite shocked. Did you
even hear anything I said In the last twenty minutes?.

My apologies Miss. May I call you miss?' You would have to
forgive me but I see no ring on your finger.

Just so you know, I wasn't paying any attention to what you
were saying. Though am hundred percent sure it made a
whole lot of sense but my reason for this little meeting
happening, isn't to discover the necessary risks that could
gulp some part of my fortune but to get a chance to know
the Sarah the whole firm is talking about.

Excuse me?,

My dad has literally not allowed me to rest since you came
on board. Don't get me wrong miss, I do have some great
ideas but those are secondary thoughts compared to the one
that initially got me here.

Mr Tayo. Is it?' Sorry but am quite not following what you
saying.

Alright Sarah, how about i explain it better over lunch. Sorry,
make that dinner.

Mr man, no offence but am here to discuss bussiness like you
earlier stated and not some eating competition.
Wow. You really are a rare gem. It's about time this firm
had someone this feisty.

Am sorry to come up like a jerk, but you should know that
it's really not everytime one could come up with a clever
scheme to trick the chairman of a fortune 500 company in
order to have some alone time with a staff this beautiful
and smart...Did i forget to mention smart?

I appreciate the compliments but I hate to burst your bubble.
Am in a relationship.

Oh yes. With Mark I believe. Don't look so surprise, I did my
homework.
Looking stunned, she gasped for air. If you know this
things, why on earth are you now saying such words?

Now that's a question I have to go think about. But in the
mean time, I couldn't get myself to stop thinking about you
from the moment I laid eyes on you. And that's about three
weeks ago.

Haha. I do admire your confidence and thanks for the
admiration but I love my fiance very much and I have no
intention whatsoever to play around.

Finally, she broke a smile and she admires my confidence.
Truth be told, I only heard admire and confidence plus
that adorable laugh. No offence but the rest of your words
flew out that open window.

Mr Tayo, could we just get down to bussiness and trash out
whatever you have in mind concerning your ideas?

Would love to do that but am afraid I don't really do
bussiness without a meal in front of me. What can I say, it's
my weakness.

Please, please Mr Tayo. I have alot of work to do on my
desk. If this meeting isn't going hold, do let me know now.
Alright Sarah, have it your way. You could leave now.
But I should warn you. I tend to blab alot when I really
don't get what I want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Money Blogging: Everything Beginners Need to Know to Launch a Successful Blog

Why we dear literature! (and strongly encourage you do too)

5 Executioner Search engine optimization Posts that You Can Apply on Your Blog This 2017