Everything Taylor Swift Has Said About Love

Taylor Swift just has a way with words, especially when it comes to relationships and romance. And while the singer may be newly single after her recent split from Calvin Harris, her thoughts on all things love ring as true and meaningful as ever.
Below, what Swift has said about that four-letter word, from what it's like to fall in love to how she makes relationships work.
• "There are no rules when it comes to love. I just try to let love surprise me because you never know who you're going to fall in love with. You never know who's going to come into your life – and for me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don't think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I'm with them."– to InStyle in 2011
• "When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I'm falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster."– to Billboard in 2012
celebrity, taylor swift
Taylor Swift
"The way I look at love is you have to follow it, and fall hard, if you fall hard. You have to forget about what everyone else thinks. It has to be an us-against-the-world mentality. You have to make it work by prioritizing it and by falling in love really fast, without thinking too hard. If I think too hard about a relationship, I'll talk myself out of it. ... I have rules for a lot of areas of my life. Love is not going to be one of them."– to Rolling Stone in 2012

• "That's the thing with love: It's going to be wrong until it's right."– to NPR in 2012






• "All you can do is be honest and real with him as you get to know each other. Deciding not to play games is the best way to go because it keeps things simple: If he messes it up by playing around with your heart, you'll know he doesn't deserve you."– to Seventeen in 2012
• "I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore."– to Parade in 2012

• "My advice about guys has to do with how you prioritize them. They can be a part of your life, but never let the guy be your life. They can live in your world, but never make the guy your world. Knowing who you are and being independent and strong will be attractive to the right guy."– to Seventeen in 2012

• "I don’t think there’s an option for me to fall in love slowly, or at medium speed. I either do or I don’t. I don’t think it through, really, which is a good thing and a bad thing. You don’t look before you leap, which is like, ‘Yay, this is awesome! Let’s not think twice!’ And then you’re like, ‘We used to be flying. Now we’re falling. What’s happening?'"– to Parade in 2012

• "I tend to think things are love and then look back and reevaluate. How many times has she been in love? I know how many people I've said 'I love you’ to [someone]. I could probably count it up, but I don’t feel like it. Part of me feels you can’t say you were truly in love if it didn't last. If I end up getting married and having kids, that's when I’ll know it’s real – because it lasted."– to Parade in 2012

• "I think I am smart unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid."– to Vogue in 2012

via GIPHY

• "I need that unexplainable spark. I just need to see someone and feel oh, no, uh-oh. It's only happened a few times in my life, but I feel like if I was gonna be with someone forever, it would be because I saw them and I thought, oh, no."– to Cosmopolitan in 2012

• "If someone doesn't seem to want to get to know me as a person but instead seems to have kind of bought into the whole idea of me, and he approves of my Wikipedia page? And falls in love based on zero hours spent with me? That's maybe something to be aware of. That will fade fast. You can't be in love with a Google search."– to Vogue in 2012

• "I can't deal with someone wanting to take a relationship backward or needing space or cheating on you. It's a conscious thing: It's a common sense thing ... I just don't ever want to end up in a relationship that isn't fair ever again."– to Cosmopolitan in 2012

• "I think that you can love people without it being the great love."– to InStyle in 2013
• "I have no idea if I’m going to get married or be single forever or have a family or just be on my own. You know, paint in a cottage by the ocean by myself. I just have no idea, and I'm kind of into that. You can make a board for all the goals you want in your life with the pictures on it, and that's great, daydreaming is wonderful, but you can never plan your future."– to Wonderland in 2013

• "Relationships are like traffic lights. And I just have this theory that I can only exist in a relationship if it's a green light."– to Wonderland in 2013

• "Here's what I've learned about dealbreakers. If you have enough natural chemistry with someone, you overlook every single thing that you said would break the deal."– to Glamour U.K. in 2013

• "Guarding your heart and protecting your dignity are a little bit more important than clarifying the emotions of someone who’s only texting you back three words. I’ve learned that from trying to figure out people who don’t deserve to be figured out."– to Glamour in 2014

• "Sometimes the lines in a song are lines you wish you could text-message somebody in real life."– to Rolling Stone in 2014

• "I think we grow up thinking the only love that counts as true love is the kind that lasts forever or is fully realized. When you have a broken heart, the first thing a stranger will ask is, 'How long were you two together?' As if your pain can be determined by how long you were with someone. Or if you were with them at all. I don’t think that's how it works. I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind. It's just as crushing and just as thrilling."– on Instagram in 2014

• "Losing friendships can be just as damaging to a person as losing a romantic relationship."– to GQ in 2015

• "I swore I would never ever get in another relationship if it meant changing who I was, or taking me out of that mode where my friends are everything to me."– to Vanity Fair in 2015
• "Never ever become someone else for the sake of a relationship."– to Vanity Fair in 2015

• "If you’re a people pleaser, like most of us are, you try to adapt to what signals that person is giving off. It's not about changing the fact that you're a people pleaser; it's about finding someone [to date] who is not critical. That can be the most painful thing, trying to love someone who is critical in their nature."– to Vanity Fair in 2015

• "You know how it is when you're going through heartbreak. A heartbroken person is unlike any other person. Their time moves at a completely different pace than ours. It's this mental, physical, emotional ache and feeling so conflicted. Nothing distracts you from it. Then time passes, and the more you live your life and create new habits, you get used to not having a text message every morning saying, 'Hello, beautiful. Good morning.' You get used to not calling someone at night to tell them how your day was.
You replace these old habits with new habits, like texting your friends in a group chat all day and planning fun dinner parties and going out on adventures with your girlfriends, and then all of a sudden, one day you're in London, and you realize you've been in the same place as your ex for two weeks and you're fine. And you hope he's fine."– to Elle in 2015

• "I realized there's this idea of happily ever after which in real life doesn't happen. There's no riding off into the sunset, because the camera always keeps rolling in real life."– to Elle in 2015

• "I'm just taking things as they come. I'm in a magical relationship right now. And, of course I want it to be ours, and low-key … This is the one thing that's been mine about my personal life."– to Vogue in 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Money Blogging: Everything Beginners Need to Know to Launch a Successful Blog

Why we dear literature! (and strongly encourage you do too)

5 Executioner Search engine optimization Posts that You Can Apply on Your Blog This 2017