A YOUNG MAN'S FAITH! PART ||

You should see how I rebelled. I have been deprived wearing of Jean and phone back in my secondary school not to mention the ultimate prize.Casting my eyes on a woman.Now they want me to go to a school where am allowed to look but dare not to touch [my definition of torture].

All tantrums thrown by me could not swerve the decision to my favour. What more can a brother do than purposely fail the exam.

That's how I found myself on the next flight to lagos. Since I couldn't get into Uniben, I Was allowed to pick a second choice which was Amadu Bello University.

The drive to be far away from home and be closest to my Kilishi meat was all I needed.

Preparation was not easy. Uyi go read your books, Uyi, Covenant University is not beans. better leave the T.V and the computer alone.Infact, let's have your phone.You would get it when you have finally written the exam.

O boi, even for my Waec, Neco, GCE Waec, GEC Neco, TOEFL and SAT[and Yes. I wrote all the exams known.since Uniben was not an option again and one year had to be spent at home], my folks wanted to keep my mind sharp in order to make first batch into the prestigious school they thought.

Who am I not to play along.I needed them to feel I was excited and committed in order not for good things to be withheld from me.

In a blink of an eye, the day of the exam came with speed.I have heard lots about this school and I needed to see what the big deal was.
Uyi are you ready, did you cover all the areas required??..

Please can we just go and let me be done with this thing...Been patient is not my strong suit.I hate exams.They are just like injections. Nerves rising before that sharp piercing of the needle, Give me drugs please.

My friends, I was never prepared for the sight that awaited me.
Right from the front gate of the school, my mind was blown away.All reasoning flew out of the window. Never have I been in a place so beautiful. Some crazy architectural buildings and neatness of the highest order.I literally could not see a grain of sand on the road nor dirty just lying un-attended to.

And for my ultimate prize, a collection of girls so beautiful that I felt I was not in Nigeria anymore.
Too bad I had already made up my mind to fail this exam.It was too late to have a change of heart now.

If you could follow us please, the exam hall is this way.You would have an hour and thirty[1hr30mins] to answer all questions.Pick a computer of your choice. Point to note please, the cutoff mark is fifty(50%).Get it and you in for the oral interview.

Just before stepping in, one of the student and the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life walked up to me. Your name please...Uyi but you could call me Steven.I would hate for you to bite your tongue.

Smiling, she whispered quietly. Goodluck Steven. You would love it here.

All I could think about right from that moment to the point of been faced with a system, was who must have sent this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Make Money Blogging: Everything Beginners Need to Know to Launch a Successful Blog

Why we dear literature! (and strongly encourage you do too)

5 Executioner Search engine optimization Posts that You Can Apply on Your Blog This 2017